REPORTS TO: Account Director
ROLE: The Account Supervisor is responsible for developing strong brand and marketing strategies for their clients, as well as managing the consistent execution of these strategies throughout their client’s programs and initiatives. Responsible for managing their client’s program strategy and profitability, the AS works closely with all departments to ensure that programs are executed on-strategy, on-time, on-budget and on-quality.
The main areas of responsibility: 1) drive strategic direction and roadmap for designated clients, 2) ensure project delivery meets internal and external strategy and goals 3) grow existing business and assist new business development. The AS works largely autonomously, with oversight from senior teammates and provides mentorship to junior teammates.
The AS communicates regularly with their clients about high-level topics, including negotiations and budget conversations (e.g. change orders or out of scope requests). This role maintains a deep understanding of their client’s brand and consumer profiles, enabling them to create effective client presentations and pitch materials. The AS can clearly articulate the agency’s service offerings and capabilities allowing them to support the AD in consistent up-selling and cross-selling in their accounts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY TASKS:
Drive strategic direction and roadmap for designated clients
- Acquire thorough knowledge of clients’ businesses, competitive threats, sales processes and distribution channels so that marketing obstacles and opportunities can be anticipated
- Stay abreast on current and future knowledge of integrated marketing, advertising, social media, and business trends
- Maintain a deep understanding of our service offerings and how they can be tailored to meet client goals
- Constantly communicate with client to stay informed of what is going on in their business
Ensure project delivery meets internal and external strategy and goals
- Oversee planning and development of turnkey marketing campaigns in accordance with clients’ objectives and budgets
- Provide counsel to client at major milestones during project delivery, having an informed point of view at all times
- Ensure that project and brand management teams are well informed, knowledgeable and enabled for success.
Grow existing business and assist new business development
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow clients’ businesses through new ideas and business needs
- Provide and develop sound strategic recommendations based on clear understanding of client’s business
- Support agency’s new business activity including information collection, analysis, presentation preparation, and written proposal development
- Focus on building depth and breadth of personal and professional relationships with key clients
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience, with at least 4 years in the digital communications space, within an agency
- 2-3 years of managing a direct team, including day-to-day support, working with senior management for professional development
- Proven track record of successful projects in the digital, technical, brand development, and campaign management space
- Experience managing profitable and high revenue client accounts
- Has a distinct understanding of strategic process and ability to drive innovation
- Track record and proven ability in building, managing, and inspiring multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to engage an audience
- Advanced verbal, written and client communication skills, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics
- Attentive to detail, action-oriented and able to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Thrive in a consultative, customer-facing role and possesses a professional, accommodating demeanor
- Strategic thought leader and expert communicator
- Resourceful and a pleasure to work with
PREFERED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
YOU’RE RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- Are curious and constantly ask “why”
- You are a strong player and strong coach
- Like to meet new people and discuss interesting topics
- Comfortable with being “in charge” but also giving opportunities to junior teammates
- Don’t have to show everyone you are the smartest person in the room even though you might possibly be.
- Enjoy serving as a thought leader